These zesty lemon ricotta pancakes are light, fluffy and perfect for breakfast or brunch with friends!
Fluffy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- - 1 cup all purpose flour
- - 2 tablespoons sugar
- - 1 teaspoon baking powder
- - 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- - pinch of salt
- - 3 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- - 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- - 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- - 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- - 1/4 cup lemon juice
- - zest of one large lemon
- - oil spray or unsalted butter for frying
- Optional toppings: powdered sugar, butter, maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and a pinch of salt using a whisk. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add egg yolks, ricotta, vinegar, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Whisk until fully incorporated and you start to see some bubbles. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together your egg whites until stiff peaks form. If you have a stand mixer, it’ll make this process easier.
- Add wet ingredients and fluffed egg whites to dry ingredients. Mix together with a whisk, making sure not to overwork the batter. Only mix until combined - no more dry flour. Your batter should look lumpy. Let it rest for 5 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium-low heat.
- Spray with oil or coat in butter and drop about 1/3 cup of batter. Once bubbles form on the top, flip over. Let both sides turn slightly golden before taking off the pan. Repeat until there is no more batter left.
- Serve warm with a lemon slice and powdered sugar. Drizzle with maple syrup or even blueberry syrup and butter.
Love Maddy xx