What's better than pasta you ask? Cheesy Pasta of course! Classic Mac and Cheese is everyone’s favourite, it's super simple, super easy and super quick!
Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese
- - 450 g uncooked elbow
- - 680 g butternut squash, cubed
- - 1 cup milk
- - 170 g white cheddar, shredded
- - 113 g gruyere, grated
- - salt and pepper to taste
- - 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- - 1/8 teaspoon chilli powder
- - 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- - 3 garlic cloves, minced
- - 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- - 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- - 1/4 cup parmesan
- Preheat oven to 190ºC (375ºF).
- Cook pasta to al dente according to directions on the box. Once the pasta is cooked, transfer into a large oven-safe bowl or tray.
- Steam butternut squash over a pot of simmering water for 25-30 minutes or until tender and soft, allow to cool.
- In a blender, combine butternut squash, milk, salt, pepper, paprika, chilli powder, onion powder and garlic. Blend completely until smooth and creamy.
- Pour over the cooked macaroni and sprinkle the white cheddar and gruyere on top. Mix completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, bread crumbs, and parmesan. Sprinkle evenly on top of the macaroni.
- Place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes. For the last 2-4 minutes, turn the oven to broil so the breadcrumbs brown on top. Make sure to watch carefully while on broil so it doesn’t burn as each oven is different.
- Serve immediately for a delicious cheese pull!
Love Maddy xx