Warm yourself up on a chilly winter night with this flavourful butter chicken curry!
- - 100g chicken breast, roughly chopped
- - ½ Tsp olive oil
- - 1/4 onion, finely sliced
- - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- - 1 Tsp ginger, freshly grated
- - 1/2 Tsp cumin
- - 1/2 Tsp garam marsala
- - ½ Tsp cardamom
- - 1/4 Tsp chilli flakes
- - 1/2 Tsp cinnamon quill
- - 1 Tbsp finely chopped coriander (stalk and leaves)
- - 200g tinned tomatoes
- - 20mL thickened cream
- - 50g cooked basmati rice
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan on medium and add ¼ tsp olive oil.
- Add chicken and onion and brown for a couple of minutes.
- Remove mixture from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to low and add the garlic, ginger, cumin, garam masala, cardamom, chilli, cinnamon and coriander.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes before returning chicken to the pan, along with the tomatoes.
- Increase the heat and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes before adding your cream.
- Heat through and serve on rice garnished with coriander leaves.
Love Maddy xx